Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Still Investigating...

Last semester I was given an assignment that I had to choose ten books from different lists that featured award winning books in a specific category. For example, The Coretta Scott King Book Awards. The tweet I found by Dr. Rosemary Chance reminded me of this assignment and the impression one book left on me.
This book made the struggle of African Americans comprehensible for children with its color and simple language.  The emotions moved on the page made it a memorable book.

Dr. Chance's Twitter account is insightful and full of short reviews about books she read. I will be following her account closely to keep up with my reading list.
Any book recommendations for me?

***********
 I love this idea. This project help ONE see the importance of community within our profession for the greater good of our students. Just imagine if it grew from 84 educational professionals to more! The impact it will make for our classroom, students, society, and much more!

"volunteer teachers/librarians/reading coaches from all over the world will share their thoughts about connecting kids and books."

Kirby's Lane: A Place for Readers and Writers: From the Office of the Future of Reading* http://t.co/4gbXd0JOKm Great title, @kirbylarson!
***********
I would have loved  having Labor Day off, so I could read too!  I find it funny how fast one reads for pleasure, because I do too!  I would have done the same, but I had to work.

I will love using these books in my classroom to bring my newcomer boys want to read!
I can also use this and more with the following tweet from Buffy Hamilton.


No comments:

Post a Comment